Meet Madam Mona, Haiti Design Co-op's very own momma
Never one to hold back her unsolicited advice, we have all learned that Mona knows best. She is a kind, wise and loving mother hen always looking out for the needs of those around her. Mona is always dressed in her Sunday best, makes a mean batch of Haitian pickles (spicy slaw), and in her down time can be found perusing Facebook and chatting on WhatsApp.
Here are a few important pieces of advice that Mona has given us throughout the years:
- Yoga gives you colds.
- If you walk on wet floors when barefoot, lady cramps will be worse.
- If you drink a lot of cold water, lady cramps will be worse.
- If you are a runner, your chances of bearing a child will decrease.
- Mangos make your neck hurt.
- Rats will eat your feet at night if you don't shut your door.
- Don't fall in love with a lazy boy.
- If you treat everyone with respect, you'll find people that will protect you on the streets.
- To raise a child well, you need a good entourage around them.
- If you truly love someone your heart knows it.
Always keeping us on our feet and in check, we think that everyone should have a Mona in their life. So much love for this woman from the HDC team.